Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tête-à-tête with Dr. Prabina Rajib

MBM - VGSoM, 1994 - 1996
Ph.D. (International Finance) – IIT Kharagpur, Batch of 2000
Faculty, VGSoM, 1997 ~ present

"As long as I feel good and love my students, I will be here."
- Marilyn Mason on completing 60 yrs of being on the faculty, the longest tenure in University history.

Can you describe your days as a student?
My days as a student included lab classes and endless assignments and the funniest part of that was that 18 of us used to sit in an oval table and yawn one after other. There used to be software labs at night. I learnt cycling in IIT. We use to give back to back exams for 5 days or even 2 exams a day and personally visit the companies for dissertation and placements and all that resulted in the Director taking personal interest in VGSoM affairs.

What made you join VGSoM for MBA in its conceptual years?
Actually this was the only thing I could lay my hand on as a married woman whose husband was deeply in love with her and also the euphoria of being a student at a premier institute like IIT Kharagpur

Journey over the years at VGSOM
I have seen the growth of VGSoM (though we could have achieved much more) over these 15 years. There has been increase in the number of students, the number of faculty, better and more organized placement. I have seen the existing building getting constructed and change of deans with absolute contrasting ideas and ways of working.
In addition to all these changes, I have grown a lot personally. As I look back, a sense of pride and joy overcomes me. I could have never imagined a better quality of job and life. I enjoy being a teacher, interacting and learning from bright lot of VGSoMites as well as other department students. The funniest part is that I have started enjoying research work.

Message to the alumni of VGSoM
15 years of presence has built a strong formidable alumni network. Please do visit VGSoM, IIT Kharagpur and share with us the journey of your life. As they say “The roads may be bumpy but with a good companion you don’t see the roads”. We want you all to share your experiences, help students in placements and just spend time at IIT Kharagpur. We now even have a big bazaar ;)

For what Prabina Ma'am has been doing, click here

No comments: